H4 (Sealed Beam) Headlight Relay kit. Option 2
H4 (Sealed Beam) Headlight Relay Kits
Click on any of the pictures to view a high resolution version.
If you own a 20, 30, 40, or even 50 year old vehicle, one of the problems that you face is poor lighting. Poor lighting is not an inconvenience, it’s a safety issue!
So how do you improve your classic vehicle's lighting? Should you replace the headlights? Replace them with higher wattage units? Actually neither . . . and higher wattage bulbs could actually damage your wiring harness - a bad thing!
Our Headlight Relay Kits are designed to allow your stock headlights to perform to their fullest. Our 18 piece kits are plug-and-play and include everything you need to install them.
An easy way to tell if your stock headlights are not performing optimally is if they appear to have a yellow hue to them when the vehicle is running. This is an indication that they are not getting the power from the vehicle’s electrical system that they require to work properly.
The "yellowness" is caused because the vehicle wiring harness, the headlight switch, the HI/LOW beam switch, and the connectors to the headlights themselves experience wear over time. This causes a loss of voltage and excessive heat in the headlight circuit resulting in dim headlights.
Our Headlight Relay Kits are
incredibly simple to install!
Our Headlight Relay kits totally eliminate the voltage drop (and resulting heat) caused by this by allowing your stock components and wiring harness to power only the coils of the relays – these require approximately 2% of the power that a pair of headlights requires! The net result is that your headlights will work like new – even better than new. After the installation, your stock headlights will be bleach white with the vehicle running!
Installation is plug-and-play and does not require cutting or splicing into your stock wiring harness. You’ll wonder how you got along without it!
We offer two kits:
Close Up of the Hella 40 Amp
- HRK1 – for vehicles with a dual filament HI/LOW beam mounted on each side. It is compatible with bulbs of up to 200 Watts per filament.
- HRK2 – for vehicles with a dual filament HI/LOW beam and single filament HI beam bulb on each side. The harness included in this kit is pre-wired to accommodate dual filament HI/LOW beam bulbs in both locations for additional headlight brightness if that is desired. It is compatible with bulbs of up to 100 Watts per filament.
Either kit includes the following:
- (1) Pre-assembled Harness, loomed in Semi-Rigid Split Braid tubing, and terminated with OEM style connectors
- (2) 40 Amp Hella Waterproof Relays
- (1) ATC Waterproof Fuse Holder & 30 Amp ATC fuse
- (4) #10 Zinc Plated Self Tapping Hex Washer Head Screw – 1/2" Long
- (2) #10 Zinc Plated Internal/External Star Washers
- (8) Cable Ties – 5.5” long, black
You absolutely, positively will not have to run to the hardware store to install this kit. How do we know? Simple - because we’ve actually installed them ourselves.