How to book. Automotive Electrical Performance Projects
WInner of a Silver International Automotive Media Award for 2011 in the Technical / How-to Book Writing category! Learn more in regards HERE.
Automotive Electrical Performance Projects is Tony Candela's second book. This text takes what the reader learned in Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems and puts it to work to complete 14 popular automotive electrical projects - each outlined in step-by-step fashion.
Following is a snapshot of what you'll find between the covers:
Projects start out easy . . .
Project 1 - Adding an Interior Light Circuit
Project 2 - Adding Turn Signal and High-Beam LED Indicators
Learn how to determine if circuits are performing optimally and how to repair them if not . . .
Project 3 - Servicing a 40 Year Old Headlight System
Project 4 - Upgrading a 40 Year Old Headlight System
Project 6 - Install a Complete Set of State of the Art Fully Electronic GaugesProject 7 - Evaluating the Performance of Electric Cooling Fans
Project 8 - Optimizing the Performance of Electric Cooling Fans
Project 9 - Determining the Output of an Alternator
Project 10 - Upgrading the Alternator
Project 11 - Relocating the Battery to the Trunk . . . Safely!
Project 12 - Install a Complete Auxiliary Power System. This project covers the installation of an entire auxiliary power system to power a host of aftermarket accessories - 1968 Pontiac GTO illustrated.
Project 13 - Install a Complete Aftermarket Wiring Harness. This project covers the installation of:
- A universal rear-located 18 circuit wiring harness
- Two auxiliary fuse panels and relay centers required to cover the host of modern conveniences
- The adaptation of a pair of CanBus power seats from a 2005 CLK55 AMG!
- A 10 Channel Keyless Entry System for complete automation
- And so much more!
- 1941 Willys Coupe illustrated - an all fiberglass body!
Project 14 - Install a Complete Aftermarket Electronic Fuel Injection System. This project covers:
- Upgrading the Fuel System
- Upgrading the Ignition System
- Upgrading the Charging System
- Installation of the EFI Components, Sensors, and Wiring Harness
- The Tuning Process on a Chassis Dyno
- 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a roots blown BBC illustrated
Whether you're an enthusiast or a seasoned automotive technician, Automotive Electrical Performance Projects makes the perfect addition to your toolbox!